- 60 years old female came with complaints of:
- Swelling over palate region - 5 years (growth slow and progressive)
- Change in voice - 3 years
- Nasal regurgitation of fluids - 1 year
- On and off bleeding from the palatal mass - 6 months
A large swelling seen over the right side of soft palate about 3 inches / 2 inches in dimension.
Mucosa over the swelling was intact but for a small whitish patch - (? healed ulcerated area)
CT scan showed:
- Encapsulated mass present over the submucosal plane of soft palate
- There was no evidence of bone erosion
- There was also evidence of calcification inside the tumor mass
Surgical Excision was planned.
Patient was put in Rose position.
Mouth of the patient was opened with Boyle's Davis mouth gag
Mucosal overlying the mass was excised using cutting diathermy
Figure showing incision